Back-to-School Tips from the Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign
August 28, 2014
Are you thinking about Back-to-School events that you can plan or promote in your community? Leading up to the first day of school and beyond, the Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign will deliver a new tip straight to your inbox with ideas on how you can use Campaign resources as students and parents prepare for the new school year. It's as easy as 1-2-3!
Campaign Resource Tip #4: Use Online Materials to Reach Families this Back-to-School Season
Make social media and other online resources a part of your outreach to raise awareness of Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) among eligible families. Share information about free or low-cost health coverage through your organization's website or electronic communications and on social sites such as Facebook and Twitter. The Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign has a variety of online materials you can use in your outreach efforts.
- Share our web video. Check out our 90-second animated web video featuring Sophia, a sassy young girl who explains the benefits of Medicaid and CHIP for children and teens. Post the video to your website and social media sites. Send a link out through your e-newsletters. Reach out to your partners – schools, community groups and local health clinics – and see if they will share the video with their online audiences as well.
- Share our social media graphics. The Campaign has several social media graphics – Girl with Glasses, Superhero and Kids – that will engage your followers and fans on Twitter and Facebook. If your organization has its own website, post web banners and buttons that invite families to find out more about free or low-cost coverage. Check out our Social Media Tools page to see a complete list of available social media resources.
- Follow and share posts from the Campaign on social media. The Campaign pages are frequently updated with informative new posts that you can share with families on social media. Follow us on Twitter to share a post or start a conversation with us.
Get started today! Visit InsureKidsNow.gov for Back-to-School materials to spread the word about free or low-cost health coverage for children and teens. For even more tips, check out the Back-to-School Booster Catalog. And remember, these materials are just some of the new outreach resources from the Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign.
Stay Connected With the National Campaign – In 3 Easy Steps
- Follow the Campaign on Twitter. Don't forget to re-tweet or share our messages with your network or use our #Enroll365 hashtag in your posts.
- Share our materials widely. We have more than 50 National Campaign resources available, including translated print materials, to use in outreach and enrollment efforts.
- Contact us to get more involved with the National Campaign at ConnectingKids@cms.hhs.gov or 1-855-313-KIDS (5437).
The Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign Notes eNewsletter is distributed throughout the year and provides updates on National Campaign activities. If a friend or colleague forwarded this email to you, sign up to receive this eNewsletter directly to your inbox.