Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) provide no-cost or low-cost health coverage for eligible children in New York. These programs provide health coverage for children so that they can get routine check-ups, immunizations and dental care to keep them healthy.
Even if your child has been turned down in the past or you don't know if they qualify, you may be able to get health coverage now.
Medicaid/CHIP Information in New York
Medicaid in New York
- Medicaid in New York Program Information
- Apply for Medicaid in New York through the New York State of Health Marketplace
Or call 1-855-355-5777 to talk to someone about Medicaid in New York.
CHIP in New York
- Medicaid Child Health Plus Program Information
- Apply for Child Health Plus through the New York State of Health Marketplace
Or call the Child Health Plus Information Line at 1-800-698-4543
Getting Dental Care
Your child needs to have Medicaid or CHIP coverage in order to get dental benefits. Once your child has coverage through Medicaid or CHIP, he or she can get dental care. Find information about dental care in New York here:
- Find a Dentist
- Dental Benefits for Children in Medicaid in New York (PDF, 144.91 KB)
- Dental Benefits for Children in CHIP in New York (PDF, 138.12 KB)