Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) provide no-cost or low-cost health coverage for eligible children in North Carolina. These programs provide health coverage for children so that they can get routine check-ups, immunizations and dental care to keep them healthy.
Even if your child has been turned down in the past or you don't know if they qualify, you may be able to get health coverage now.
Medicaid/CHIP Information in North Carolina
- North Carolina Medicaid and Health Choice Program Information
- Apply for Medicaid or Health Choice in North Carolina
- Find a Medicaid and Health Choice Provider
Or call 1-800-662-7030 to talk to someone in North Carolina about Medicaid.
Medicaid/CHIP Dental Care in North Carolina
Medicaid and CHIP also cover dental care for children. Once your child has coverage use the tools below to find dental care in North Carolina:
- Find a Dentist
- Dental Benefits for Children in Medicaid in North Carolina (PDF, 143.01 KB)
- Dental Benefits for Children in CHIP in North Carolina (PDF, 139.94 KB)