Connecting Kids to Coverage Outreach & Enrollment Funding
New Call for Applications: $ 6 Million Available to Help Increase Enrollment of American Indian and Alaska Native Children in Medicaid and CHIP
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing a new funding opportunity under the Helping Ensure Access for Little Ones, Toddlers and Hopeful Youth by Keeping Insurance Delivery Stable Act (HEALTHY KIDS Act) that targets increasing the enrollment and retention of eligible American Indian (AI) and Alaska Native (AN) children in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). This new funding opportunity follows the recent award of 39 new outreach and enrollment grants under the HEALTHY KIDS ACT 2019 Outreach and Enrollment Cooperative Agreements funding opportunity that broadly support the enrollment and retention of uninsured eligible children in Medicaid and CHIP. Grants awarded under this round will fund outreach and enrollment strategies aimed at educating AI/AN families about the availability of Medicaid and CHIP and directly assisting families with the application and renewal process. Awards will be in the form of cooperative agreements, ranging in size from $250,000 to $750,000 over a three-year period. CMS expects to announce the award recipients by the end of 2019.
Important Application Dates
- August 13, 2019 – 3:00 EST Potential Applicants Teleconference
- August 19, 2019 - Letter of Intent Due
- September 16, 2019 - Applications Due
- December 2019 - Anticipated Awards Announced
To enable participants to ask questions during the teleconference, you will first need to sign into BlueJeans at least 5 minutes prior to the meeting start and use the conference line and meeting ID provided below. Participants can either use internet Explorer and the meeting link below or can download the BlueJeans application to access the meeting.
Once participants have logged into BlueJeans they will be able to begin submitting questions right after the meeting starts via the BlueJeans chat function. After this call and during the remainder of the application period, please send questions to email@example.com
Meeting Link: https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/qvacfxuh
Conference line: +1 (408) 740-7256
Meeting ID: 110564209
Who Can Apply
This cooperative agreement opportunity is open to the following individual eligible entities, or coalitions headed by eligible entities:
- Indian Health Service (IHS) Providers
- Tribes and Tribal organizations operating a health program under a contract or compact with the Indian Health Service under the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (ISDEAA) (P.L. 93-638, as amended)
- Urban Indian organizations operating a health program under the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (IHCIA)(P.L. 94-437, as amended)
- View the Connecting Kids to Coverage Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) on grants.gov
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sign up to receive ongoing updates and Campaign information
Please send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Connecting Kids to Coverage Outreach and Enrollment Funding
Connecting Kids to Coverage outreach and enrollment funding supports activities aimed at identifying children who are eligible for Medicaid and CHIP and helping their families enroll in and renew their coverage. Along with the National Connecting Kids to Coverage Campaign, these activities have helped increase enrollment of eligible children in Medicaid and CHIP. The Connecting Kids to Coverage grantees also have helped to engage a wide range of partners in taking steps to make health coverage outreach and enrollment a part of their routine efforts to ensure the health and security of the nation’s children and their families.