Webinars for CHIPRA Grantees
These webinars provide implementation strategies and lessons learned for CHIPRA Grantees engaged in children’s health coverage outreach and enrollment activities. These archived presentation materials give Grantees ideas on how to engage families, the community, and the media in the effort to get uninsured eligible children enrolled in health insurance.
Going Mobile with Text4Baby: A New Enrollment Service
December 9, 2010
The texting service Text4Baby has increased Medicaid and CHIP enrollment. Learn what state and community based organizations are doing to use this technology in the constantly changing digital environment.
- Audio (WAV 17.9 MB)
- Transcripts (PDF 141 KB)
- An Introduction to Text4Baby Presentation Slides (PDF 3.87 MB)
- Why Go Mobile Presentation Slides (PDF 1.59 MB)
- Virginia Outreach Plan Presentation Slides (PDF 551 KB)
- Baby Gateway and Enhanced Enrollment Presentation Slides (PDF 400 KB)
CHIP and Medicaid Enrollment Through Effective Messaging
October 12, 2010
Learn about what messaging resonates with families as their lives or economic situations change. Find out about the necessary tools that your organization needs to engage families when enrolling kids and teens.
- Audio (MP3 66.4 MB)
- Transcripts (PDF 269 KB)
- Reaching Uninsured Children in Challenging Economic Times Presentation Slides (PDF 718 KB)
- Getting the Message to the Right People Through the Right People Presentation Slides (PDF 228 KB)
- Consumer Voices: What Motivates Families to Enroll in Coverage Presentation Slides (PDF 579 KB)
School-Based Outreach Strategies that Make the Grade Webinar
July 29, 2010
Find out about school-based outreach and how one large health system in particular is working with school districts and non-profit organizations to enroll kids in CHIP.
- Audio (MP3 65.95 MB)
- Transcript (PDF 188.29 KB)
- Partnership for Healthier Kids Presentation Slides (PDF 2.45 MB)
- Helping Schools Help Families Get Health Insurance Presentation Slides (PDF 1.19 MB)
- Overview of Granite School District’s Medicaid Programs Presentation Slides (PDF 293.48 KB)
Promising and Innovative Outreach Strategies
March 31, 2010
Listen to some lessons learned from three grantees who have created innovative enrollment strategies for community based outreach.
- Video (M4V 50.2 MB)
- Audio (MP3 12.1 MB)
- Transcript (PDF 163 KB)
- Chat Transcript (PDF 106 KB)
- Lessons Learned and Practices from the Field Presentation Slides (PDF 117 KB)
Effective Pitching to Local Media Webinar
January 28, 2010
Learn how to think like a journalist and who to pitch your stories about children’s health insurance enrollment to so that the local media picks them up.