Back To School
Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign - Get Kids Covered this Back-to-School Season!
As parents get their children and teens ready for school, help them start the new year strong by making sure they get the health care they need. With health insurance, they can get the immunizations, check-ups, eye exams, dental visits and other care they may need to fully participate in classroom and after-school activities. Many uninsured children may be eligible for free or low-cost health insurance through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Here are five things you can do to help get eligible children and teens enrolled.
- Help Families of Eligible Children and Teens Apply for Health Coverage
Many CMS grantees and partners are planning Back-to-School events and activities in cities across the country. Contact 1-855-313-KIDS or InsureKidsNow@fleishman.com to learn more about events in your area or to request assistance for planning your own event.
Here are some Back-to-School tools to get you get started:
- Back-to-School Boosters – Weekly Tips for Outreach
- Template Newsletter Articles for Parents and Caregivers
- Social Media Posts
- Media Templates for Events
- Download and Share Free Materials
- Back-to-School Palmcards
- Back-to-School Posters
- Get Covered. Get in the Game. Fact Sheet for Coaches
- Get Covered. Get in the Game. Flyer for Parents
- Get Covered. Get in the Game. Parent Direct Mail Insert
We can help customize Connecting Kids to Coverage materials for your state or local campaign! Please read our Customization Guide for instructions.
- Use Our TV and Radio PSA to Spread the Word
- English TV PSA - “Hands Full” (30 second) (script)
- Spanish TV PSA - “Hands Full” (30 second) (script)
- English Radio PSA - “Hands Full” (60 second) (script)
- Spanish Radio PSA - “Hands Full” (60 second) (script)
Learn more about using and distributing PSAs in your community.
4. Sign Up for the Connecting Kids to Coverage eNewsletter
Stay up-to-date on the latest campaign resources and ideas for how you can help spread the word that free and low-cost
health insurance available for families in your community. Sign up for “Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign Notes.
Support for Back-to-School Enrollment
Back-to-School time is a great time to make the connection between keeping children healthy and helping them succeed in school. A joint letter released August 12, 2011 from Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Education Secretary Arne Duncan to the nation’s Governors urges them to encourage schools to "undertake children’s health coverage outreach and enrollment activities when classes begin this fall."