Campaign Outreach Video Library
The Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign produced this library of short videos showcasing a variety of outreach and enrollment promising practices from groups across the country. Check out our one-pager for ideas on how to use these videos to enhance Medicaid and CHIP enrollment activities underway in your community.
Want to Be Featured in a Future Outreach Video?
Call our Help Desk at 1-855-313-KIDS (1-855-313-5437) or email us at ConnectingKids@cms.hhs.gov to share details about your Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program outreach and enrollment activities. We may select your organization to star in a future outreach video or speak on an upcoming webinar.
Click on the links below to view the videos:
- California: Alameda County, California enlists school-based clinics and community groups to help enroll diverse populations in Medi-Cal and the Children's Health Insurance Program.
- Florida: University of Miami medical students help enroll Miami-Dade school children in Florida KidCare.
- Iowa: The Iowa Department of Public Health is working with Women, Infant and Children (WIC) clinics and the hawk-i outreach program to enroll children and teens into Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. Through the use of presumptive eligibility, families are able to get health coverage for their children without delay.
- Massachusetts: Massachusetts Phone-A-Thon ramps up enrollment in children's health insurance among diverse and faith-based audiences through a health coverage help-line.
- Michigan: The United Way of Michigan and the Michigan Primary Care Association are working together to enroll uninsured children who are eligible for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program by using technology in new ways – including an online application.
- Montana: Tribal organizations and the state agency in Montana work together to get American Indian children enrolled in health insurance through Healthy Montana Kids.
- Oklahoma: The Oklahoma Health Care Authority uses an automated newborn enrollment system (eNB1) to electronically register eligible newborns in health coverage. Through this process, infants are able to receive health coverage in the first few days of their lives.
- Oregon: In Portland, Oregon, the Healthy Kids Program is working with athletic coaches to enroll eligible children and teens in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. By using online enrollment to streamline the application process, more children are getting the health care coverage they need.
- Rhode Island: To help students start the school year healthy, the Rhode Island Health Center Association and local health centers host a Back-to-School event and enroll children in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
- Texas: The Children's Defense Fund -- Texas and Fiesta Mart in Houston join forces to enroll uninsured children in Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program at in-store events. This partnership demonstrates how engaging local businesses can help boost enrollment of eligible children.
- Campaign in Action: Read how The Children’s Defense Fund – Texas shared the video across social media channels and has used the outreach video to connect with potential partners.